Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Moore books

I read a book that some of you might like. It's not the kind of book I usually read, but I'm glad I read it. It's called Kindred by Octavia Butler. It was written in 1979, but it must have had a recent resurgience in popularity. It's about slavery, and I shouldn't tell you anymore if you're going to read it. (If not, just call me.) I will say that it made me think about some things.

I read another book that is the kind of book I usually read, and probably no one would want to read it. It's called Copernicus' Secret. It's about Copernicus' book On the Revolutions of the Heavenly Spheres which was the first major publication for centuries that claimed that the universe was heliocentric instead of geocentric. I was thinking what it would be like if the whole way we explain the world around us were suddenly changed and reexplained in a different way. I don't know if I would like that.

No comments: