Saturday, June 28, 2008

Moore Recollections

I was supposed to tell about my favorite vacation for a Relief Society thing, and I kind of got to thinking. I wrote down some of my memories of some of our vacations, and I wondered if any of you want to add or rebut.

Santa Monica, CA Summer 1985
We stayed at the Santa Monica beach for an entire week. We had corn dogs and cherry lemonades at a stand on the beach. There was an awesome new and HUGE mall across the street from our hotel. We ate dinner at a friend of my mom's, and she served us the seven-layer dip which has since become a staple in our family. It is the best seven-layer dip out there.

San Fransisco, CA July 1, 1984
We drove to San Fransisco and spent some time on the waterfront. We saw a man lying on the sidewalk flying kites. We went to Pebble Beach and Carmel. We ate clam chowder in Carmel. We drove down the Pacific Coast Highway to Los Angeles. Our luggage fell off the roof of the car and my dad had to run on the highway to collect it. We went to the beach at Santa Monica, and we went to Apple Pan. We went to Disneyland. On the way home through the southern California desert, the luggage fell off again. After we stopped and fixed it, the car wouldn't start cause it was too hot. We said a prayer. As soon as Dad said 'amen', Jed said, “Ok, we can go now.”

Mount Rushmore, SD August 6, 1982
My family caravaned with my two aunts' families. We took tents and slept in KOA's along the way. We stayed in Casper, WY. My cousins played Risk in the back seat. My dad and aunt and uncle had walkie talkies but you had to be so close together for them to work that you could read lips anyway. I remember the KOA at Mt. Rushmore was very nice. After we left Mt. Rushmore, my dad took an alternate way home, and we way stayed in a hotel in Colorado on our last night.

No comments: